- Non Smokers' Movement of Australia (Facebook) and Web Archive
A lobby group campaigning against the tobacco industry, tobacco advertising and smoking in public places.
- Media Watch
A current ABC TV program that turns the spotlight onto those who literally 'make the news' and claim to deliver the world to our doorsteps, radios, computers and living rooms. It alsoo keeps an eye on those who try to manipulate the media: the PR consultants, spin-doctors, lobbyists and "news makers" who set the agenda.
- The Gruen Transfer
A current program broadcast on ABC TV that picks apart the seams of advertising with industry insiders and commentators.
- National Library of Australia
List of BUGA UP resources catalogued by the National Library of Australia
A global network of artists, activists, writers, pranksters, students, educators and entrepreneurs who want to advance the new social activist movement of the information age. Our aim is to topple existing power structures and forge a major shift in the way we will live in the 21st century.
- Possibilities for creative resistance "What possibilities exist for creative resistance..."
- Phil Somerville
Australian cartoonist - thanks for the use of your cartoons.
- Global Media Journal Milissa Deitz, Cut and Paste: Australia’s Original Culture Jammers, BUGA UP, 2017
- Vintage News "BUGA UP" was an influential movement of graffiti artists who battled the promotion of unhealthy products, 2017.
- Overland Magazine BUGA UP – You’ve come a long way baby, Frances van Zinnen, 2012.
- How to Make Trouble and Influence People
BUGA-UP interview with 'ToFu', ‘How to Make Trouble and Influence People’, 2009.
- Nsw Parliament - Legislative Council Hansard
Summary offences amendment (spray paint cans) bill, 2007.
- Just Seeds
B.U.G.A. U.P. poster by Tom Civil for sale, 2007.
- Global Nonviolent Action Database
After years of researching, the team at Swarthmore College has unearthed nonviolent campaigns in nearly every country. Browse the hundreds of cases to learn more about the power of nonviolent action, 2010.
Wikipedia article on B.U.G.A.U.P.
- Tobacco Control Supersite (Archive)
This site has some amazing dirt on the tobacco and advertising industries, Prof. Simon Chapman, 2002.
- Tobacco Control Supersite graphic gallery (Archive)
Some of these images are disturbing but parents may wish to discuss them with their children, 2002.
- Rushn Health - Media Articles
- The Art-Crime Archive" ...can be considered art in altering the public's view and disrupting media culture and mainstream cultural norms...", 2016
Tobacco's Stealth Marketing Targeting kids and women with flavored cigarettes.
Updated March 2018